Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change background on log in screen of new mac book pro

When I start up my NEW mac book pro computer, the log in screen background is different than the background I selected for my desktop. How can I change the log in screen background? For some reason, even when I have followed steps I have found in mac book pro tips online, the log in screen background continually reverts to the default (looks like a toucan or penguin all pieced together - not at all what I want). Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 11:15 AM

mbprotexas wrote:

When I start up my NEW mac book pro computer, the log in screen background is different than the background I selected for my desktop. How can I change the log in screen background? For some reason, even when I have followed steps I have found in mac book pro tips online, the log in screen background continually reverts to the default (looks like a toucan or penguin all pieced together - not at all what I want). Thank you.

There is no user preferences for this until you get to your user login.

Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac - Apple ...

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 11:15 AM in response to mbprotexas

mbprotexas wrote:

There is no user preferences for this until you get to your user login.

Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac - Apple ...

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

how to change background on log in screen of new mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.