Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change background on start up screen

When my Mac starts up I get a screen asking which user wants to sign in. I really dislike the red / black background that is used and would like to change it. Is this possible?

Obviously in System Pref I can change the desktop background, but I can't find anywhere in System Pref to change this.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 6:40 AM

Sparky Marky wrote:

When my Mac starts up I get a screen asking which user wants to sign in. I really dislike the red / black background that is used and would like to change it. Is this possible?

Obviously in System Pref I can change the desktop background, but I can't find anywhere in System Pref to change this.

You have to get to your user log in,

before that there is no user preferences to change.

See—

Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac - Apple ...

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 6:40 AM in response to Sparky Marky

Sparky Marky wrote:

You have to get to your user log in,

before that there is no user preferences to change.

See—

Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac - Apple ...

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Change background on start up screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.