Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone SE is hung up when I input my Apple ID and password.

I'm setting up my new iPhone SE and attempting to transfer the data from my old SE to the new one. I get to the point where I input the password for my Apple account and the new phone just stops doing anything. Pressing enter does nothing.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 11:54 AM

If you are using Quick Start, I would set it up first as a new phone so that the new phone had ios15.3.1. It will not transfer if your old phone has a later version.

If it doesn't set up with 15.3.1then update it in Settings, General, Software update.

Then wipe it in Settings, General, Transfer or Reset iphone, erase all content & settings

Then do your quick start transfer again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 11:54 AM in response to RuthTamaroff

If you are using Quick Start, I would set it up first as a new phone so that the new phone had ios15.3.1. It will not transfer if your old phone has a later version.

If it doesn't set up with 15.3.1then update it in Settings, General, Software update.

Then wipe it in Settings, General, Transfer or Reset iphone, erase all content & settings

Then do your quick start transfer again.

My new iPhone SE is hung up when I input my Apple ID and password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.