Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App isn't finding my External HDD's Downloaded movies?

I accidentally while messing around moved the location where the downloads should go, and now that I reset where they should be normally on my 4TB HDD external with the Mac Format for it to read, it's not NTFS or Fat 32 or etc... it's the Mac's own format. It won't read or find the movies I have painfully downloaded as my internet speed isn't really quite fast. Let's just say it takes a while to download Apple TV movies. How Do I find my downloaded movies or how do I get it to register the downloaded movies, as it isn't picking them up, even though they are there.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 3:25 AM

1. You can set the location of the media folder in the Preferences of the TV app. You can also set if you want the app to consolidate/​organize the items for folders on the disk per the settings, or if you want the files to stay where they are (newly added file don’t get moved or copied).
  2. You can remove items from the library and re-add the manually (drag-and-drop).
  3. You can try to play one of the “missing” files from within the TV app, and then it will ask you where the linked file is. It will then try to fix links for that file and other missing items from that same base path, if not too complex.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 3:25 AM in response to Mister_Passive

1. You can set the location of the media folder in the Preferences of the TV app. You can also set if you want the app to consolidate/​organize the items for folders on the disk per the settings, or if you want the files to stay where they are (newly added file don’t get moved or copied).
  2. You can remove items from the library and re-add the manually (drag-and-drop).
  3. You can try to play one of the “missing” files from within the TV app, and then it will ask you where the linked file is. It will then try to fix links for that file and other missing items from that same base path, if not too complex.

Apple TV App isn't finding my External HDD's Downloaded movies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.