Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps bypassing downtime restrictions I.e. TikTok, teams, instagram, Snapchat

I have downtime restrictions enabled on my kids phones. However after we updated our phones to iOS 15.3.1 Snapchat, teams, instagram, YouTube, google Duo, and TikTok are bypassing the down time restrictions. I do have a screen time passcode setup and it has not been guessed. I have the phone in my hands and can see when I setup screen time that it’s not blocking these apps. I’ve tried logging out of his Apple ID then back in, I’ve tried removing and resetting screen time permissions. Nothing is working. This seems to be a wider issue not just with my phones but we need this fixed

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 10:53 PM

It is an issue with only the way you are setting your restrictions on the device and has nothing to do with anything else.

You can set a time limit for a category of apps (for example, Games or Social Networking) and for individual apps.

• Go to Settings > Screen Time, then turn on screen time if you haven't already.
  • Tap App Limits, then tap Add Limit.
  • Select one or more app categories. ... 
  • Tap Next, then set the amount of time allowed.

More items...

Set up Screen Time for yourself on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 10:53 PM in response to debi174

It is an issue with only the way you are setting your restrictions on the device and has nothing to do with anything else.

You can set a time limit for a category of apps (for example, Games or Social Networking) and for individual apps.

• Go to Settings > Screen Time, then turn on screen time if you haven't already.
  • Tap App Limits, then tap Add Limit.
  • Select one or more app categories. ... 
  • Tap Next, then set the amount of time allowed.

More items...

Set up Screen Time for yourself on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Apps bypassing downtime restrictions I.e. TikTok, teams, instagram, Snapchat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.