Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Once AGAIN why don't photos upload to iCloud?

This is just like many others who have had this problem. And like them, I also want to know

Is there no way to FORCE upload?

Could someone from Apple please finally answer this question directly already? It is asked often and never answered. I'd also like to know definitively if the phone must be charging-someone at the store told me no but it rather seems yes.

This failure to update iCloud occurs periodically, right now for about 8 days on the iPhone SE 2020. Stuff I've done:

• Logged out/in iCloud at home (MacBook Air early 2015, MacOS 11.6) and at work (Lenovo ThinkPad WinDoze 11).
  • Plugged in phone connected to WiFi, strong signal, shows charging. Changed to a different strong WiFi. Nada either way.
  • I had gone to turn off iCloud in iOS settings, then it asks "Remove From iPhone" (don't want to!) or "Download" (which then says not enough space, needs 26 GB, but Storage shows 89GB available so what is up with that???)
  • iOs is 15.2.1; this issue has occured in previous version sometimes, probably at least into iOS14.
  • I've shut down the phone and restarted.
  • I've had this issue with previous phones, again for days, and again unclear why it finally syncs.

Now what do I do?

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 11:20 PM

head_unit Said:

"Once AGAIN why don't photos upload to iCloud?: This is just like many others who have had this problem. And like them, I also want to know Is there no way to FORCE upload?"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Photos:

I. No. There is no way to FORCE Upload Photos to iCloud. If there are thousands to update, then not that it will take a long time to upload.

II. Syncing through iCloud:

Was Photos enabled in iCloud Settings on this iPhone you lost? If so, enable Photos in iCloud on your other Apple devices, and see if the data shows up. If your iPhone has items synced with iCloud on them, then they should pop right up.

Enabling iCloud Photos on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

III. iCloud+ Apple Plan and Pricing:

You only have 5GB free of iCloud. so, if that is not enough storage, then they simply will not go past that. So, consider upgrading your iCloud Storage:. Go Here: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support.  Scroll down to see your prices, and if it is a variable in your country/region.

IV. Other Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 11:20 PM in response to head_unit

head_unit Said:

"Once AGAIN why don't photos upload to iCloud?: This is just like many others who have had this problem. And like them, I also want to know Is there no way to FORCE upload?"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Photos:

I. No. There is no way to FORCE Upload Photos to iCloud. If there are thousands to update, then not that it will take a long time to upload.

II. Syncing through iCloud:

Was Photos enabled in iCloud Settings on this iPhone you lost? If so, enable Photos in iCloud on your other Apple devices, and see if the data shows up. If your iPhone has items synced with iCloud on them, then they should pop right up.

Enabling iCloud Photos on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

III. iCloud+ Apple Plan and Pricing:

You only have 5GB free of iCloud. so, if that is not enough storage, then they simply will not go past that. So, consider upgrading your iCloud Storage:. Go Here: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support.  Scroll down to see your prices, and if it is a variable in your country/region.

IV. Other Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Feb 12, 2022 5:42 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for the reply. I suspected there was no way to force upload, despite seemingly a lot of people asking for a long time. I checked and Photos is enabled in iCloud on that phone. iCloud is not full, 46/50GB. It's only about a week worth of photos not synchronizing which is similar to past occurrences. By synchronizing I mean what you said, can I log into iCloud/photos and see the photos I took on my camera. I don't use a scanner any more, I take pictures of medical bills to submit for reimbursement or whatever, so it's just maddening when it doesn't work.

Feb 12, 2022 7:07 PM in response to head_unit

head_unit Said:

"Once AGAIN why don't photos upload to iCloud?:[...]It's only about a week worth of photos not synchronizing which is similar to past occurrences. By synchronizing I mean what you said, can I log into iCloud/photos and see the photos I took on my camera.[...]"

-------

You are welcome.

Remove iCloud Items:

Try removing some item(s) from iCloud, to make about 10GB free. Download the items to a computer using this link: http://icloud.com/iclouddrive

See if it all syncs.

Once AGAIN why don't photos upload to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.