Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to force iCloud Photos updating/syncing

Hi there,

due to low storage on my iPhone 12 128GB i would like to use my iCloud storage (and the option on iPhone "Optimise storage, low res on-device, high-res on cloud), it needs to upload 80GB of photo's so this might take a while...

The problem is that it never starts to upload, it has been going on for three days on the charger, low power is off, connected to good Wi-Fi.

I have used the tips of several articles but I never get it to upload anything, the Fritz!Box (Modem/WiFi access point) interface shows zero upload :(

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:20 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 24, 2021 2:49 PM in response to JerraB

Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. Turn on iCloud Photos. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

Once you do that all your high resolution pics are stored securely in your icloud drive and you will have low res ones on your iPad. Will save you a lot of space.

Be patient can take some time

How to force iCloud Photos updating/syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.