Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to increase the VIEW size when composing messages in Apple Mail

Hello

When I am composing messages in Apple Outlook, is there anyway to SEE the messages in the font that I am using to write? I send the messages in FONT 12. But while I am writing them, they look to be in about FONT 7.

I know I can zoom, but that requires that I use this maneuver every time.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 5:48 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 12, 2022 6:11 AM in response to LCIE25

Any email beyond plain ASCII text is going to be inconsistent at best across email clients, or within the same email client. Mail has Mail menu -> Preferences for composition. If you want your mail to be consistent, use plain text. Use symbols like *for bold*. The lower case o for bullets, and underscore to indicate multiple spaces. Sadly no one has made a consistent email format.

Feb 12, 2022 7:29 AM in response to LCIE25

LCIE25 wrote:

When I am composing messages in Apple Outlook

Outlook is not from Apple, it's from Microsoft. If you are really using that, then you should go to the MS forums instead of here for help.

If you are in fact using Apple Mail, then set the size you want in Mail > Preferences > Fonts and Colors > Message Font. You can make it as large as you want, it does not affect what is seen at the other end. That is determined by the settings on the recipient computer (unless you make special settings yourself in the New Message pane for every outgoing individually).

How to increase the VIEW size when composing messages in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.