Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t receive an SMS

My newest Ipad Pro Wifi&cell didn’t receive an sms. A big problem, when trying to get authorization code during registration etc.

Surfed all inet. Found only the suggestion to switch On “Text messaging forwarding” on my IPhone with the same Apple ID. But doing so, never pop up a Security code on my Ipad to enter and confirm it on iPhone. Sim card is good. Checked on other gadgets. What you can say, dear colleagues…😢😢😢

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 6:19 PM

Hi aidar50, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Please have a look at the following link which explains in more details how to set this up in both the iPhone and iPad:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208386

Please note both devices need the same AppleID.

You can also contact Apple Support for further guidance as follows:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 6:19 PM in response to aidar50

Hi aidar50, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Please have a look at the following link which explains in more details how to set this up in both the iPhone and iPad:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208386

Please note both devices need the same AppleID.

You can also contact Apple Support for further guidance as follows:

Feb 12, 2022 11:12 PM in response to ShortBlack6857

Thanks a lot for your kind and comprehensive info. My devices has two factor authentication by one Apple ID. I did all described in Support article, but my Ipad receive an text sms, which has been sent to or from my iPhone only. The question is - how to receive (at least) text sms which has been sent to the number of sim card of the Ipad directly.

Feb 13, 2022 4:37 AM in response to ShortBlack6857

Thank a lot, so, I can’t receive text sms directly when registering my ipad wherever and must receive any code by text sms??? But I remember quite well, I did so 3-5 years ago when made a registration with my cell provider app. Exactly with ipad sim card on Ipad. I don’t intended to make/receive a call like mobile phone…

In any case your info is very useful. Thanks a lot.

Can’t receive an SMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.