Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UR22 compatibility issues with Logic Pro X on MacOS Monterey (likely to be sample rate)

I’m having a few issues with my old(ish) UR22 and my new studio set up: I’m running the latest version of Logic Pro x on an Apple M1 Pro MacBook Pro (previously I was running Cubase LE on an old 2013 MacBook Pro). I’m connecting the UR22 to the thunderbolt connection on the MacBook via Apple’s USB adapter (on the old machine I was directly connected). Some of the issues I see with my new set up:

1. Latency and clipping when recording audio.
  2. Poor/weak recording levels when recording audio.
  3. Error “Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI. Sample Rate 35,354 recognized. Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device.” when trying to playback projects through the UR22 with multiple tracks (midi and audio) are played. Sometimes the error shows as “42,800”

• Error #1 seems to be partly resolved by changing the buffer size from 256 to 512 - this removes the clipping but in theory ups the overall latency.
  • I have the older UR22, not the newer mkII.
  • I’ve updated the Yamaha drivers on the UR22 to the latest version.
  • I’ve set the sample rate to 44.100 Hz in both Logic and in the audio midi set up on the MacBook.
  • I’m running MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

I’m guessing this is the newer equipment not talking to the old UR22 properly but wandered if anyone can shed light on this or has a fix?

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 9:13 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Mar 7, 2022 9:29 PM in response to DanielSmee

I am also experiencing issues with Steinberg UR22 (the older one, not UR22c) and Logic Pro. I am using a MacBook with M1 Pro and running Monterey 12.2.1.

My issue is very loud, random and constant crackling-like noises when recording (these noises get recorded as well and make the recorded audio unusable, however they are not audible if I switch UR22 mix knob to 100% input). I also made sure to have the latest Steinberg drivers installed, I tried reinstalling them and so far no success.

Interestingly these noises do not occur on a new project and start occurring when trying to record after adding a few new virtual instrument tracks. The crackling noises will happen 100% when trying to record audio through UR22 from that point on (doesn't matter if I delete all these tracks which made the crackling start). The only way to stop these crackling noises is to make a brand new project inside logic.

To add, I couldn't reproduce the same issue with garage band. Also, I have been using this interface for years now with my old intel MacBook and Logic with 0 issues so I am pretty sure the problem is with logic and not my interface.

On the other hand, the only other interface I have access to (my guitar amp which has usb output available) never produces any crackling during recording in Logic. I am planning to borrow UR22c from my friend and test if I can reproduce this issue with this newer model.

UR22 compatibility issues with Logic Pro X on MacOS Monterey (likely to be sample rate)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.