You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The MX records provided by iCloud don't work, has anyone been able to connect a personal domain to iCloud to receive mail??

For MONTHS now I've been trying to connect my personal domain email address to iCloud to no avail. The DNS records provided (electronically) by iCloud don't work with my domain registrar (Wix). I've called about about a zillion times and no one at Apple knows anything. They say it's all still in 'beta.' Why are they advertising that this is a service if it hasn't been tested. I don't want to participate in beta testing. Now my emails are in outer space somewhere and I can't access anything. I'd love to hear if ANYONE has been successful at connected their personal domain to iCloud. I just want to have email again to my domain.

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 7:56 AM

I had problems getting my domain to work.

On the final step (step 4) I kept getting an error message that said "Something went wrong. There was a problem checking your domain records. Try again later"

The thing that finally made it work for me was to remove the trailing dot/period on the end of the MX records that the apple instructions had me add

AND

removing the double quotes from the content for the TXT record that the apple instructions had me add.

I needed to do both. Even though my domain registrar (dotster.com) appeared to be ok with the dot/period and the double quotes. Once I removed both sets of punctuation, it finally worked.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2022 7:56 AM in response to tnye

I had problems getting my domain to work.

On the final step (step 4) I kept getting an error message that said "Something went wrong. There was a problem checking your domain records. Try again later"

The thing that finally made it work for me was to remove the trailing dot/period on the end of the MX records that the apple instructions had me add

AND

removing the double quotes from the content for the TXT record that the apple instructions had me add.

I needed to do both. Even though my domain registrar (dotster.com) appeared to be ok with the dot/period and the double quotes. Once I removed both sets of punctuation, it finally worked.

The MX records provided by iCloud don't work, has anyone been able to connect a personal domain to iCloud to receive mail??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.