Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should I buy to connect my MacBook Pro (13”, M1, 2020) with 24-inch LED Cinema Display?

I have a MacBook Pro (13”, M1, 2020) and also an old 24-inch LED Cinema Display. I still love the Cinema Display so much and have been reading many articles and YouTube videos to see how to connect these two but I’m still very confused. May I seek for your help and advice on what I should buy to connect both please? Sincere thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 9:31 AM

if your identification of the display is correct, it has:

a convenient single cable with three connectors (Mini DisplayPort, MagSafe, and USB 2.0)

https://everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple-led-cinema-display-24-inch-specs.html

and therefore the display portion (only) requires an adapter like this one:

Monoprice Select Series USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter - # 24273 - $23.49

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 9:31 AM in response to AriSsaaa

if your identification of the display is correct, it has:

a convenient single cable with three connectors (Mini DisplayPort, MagSafe, and USB 2.0)

https://everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple-led-cinema-display-24-inch-specs.html

and therefore the display portion (only) requires an adapter like this one:

Monoprice Select Series USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter - # 24273 - $23.49

What should I buy to connect my MacBook Pro (13”, M1, 2020) with 24-inch LED Cinema Display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.