You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Books continues to crash

Since installing iPadOS 15, the Books app has had continual problems handling PDFs. I open the app and see them, I open a PDF, then it refreshes and suddenly all my PDFs have disappeared. Then they reload again but refresh and disappear. I have plenty of space, am currently on the latest update 15.3.1 I think and it is still happening. I also deleted and reinstalled the app but doesn’t load all the pdfs while continually reloading and refreshing. The app randomly closes itself after just a few seconds. I have been using this app for years on two different iPads and never have this problem. I have no problem accessing my pdfs from the Books app on my iPhone or MacBook this is an iPad problem related to iPadOS 15. I don’t think I recommend anyone get an iPad until this is resolved.

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 2:54 PM

Hi artistwest, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Can I suggest you try a 'Force Restart' as that sometime resolves legacy issues with updates as per the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados

And because you have already tried deleting and reinstalling the app can I suggest you contact Apple Support as follows:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2022 2:54 PM in response to artistwest

Hi artistwest, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Can I suggest you try a 'Force Restart' as that sometime resolves legacy issues with updates as per the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados

And because you have already tried deleting and reinstalling the app can I suggest you contact Apple Support as follows:

Feb 13, 2022 7:40 AM in response to ShortBlack6857

Thanks for your suggestions. Can’t tell you how many times that I have also done a “Force Restart.” Should have included that in my original post.

I don’t have transportation to get to an Apple Store. This is a problem with the new OS. Didn’t exist until that new OS. Clearly linked to the new OS. Apple needs to fix it and send an update. I am going to try one more delete and reinstall the app since there have been updates to this OS since I last tried that.

Apple Books continues to crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.