You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad OS 15.3.1 dropping WiFi connections

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 5:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 9:01 PM

Hi CMStoup, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

I wonder if you might try resetting your network settings as per the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204051

You could also try a 'Force Restart' which sometimes resolves legacy update issues as per the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados

If the issue is not resolved by the above support articles and suggestions, you can make an appointment and have your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). Please use this link to find one in your Country Apple – Location Selector. After going through the process, you will be given all the options available.

You can also contact Apple Support as follows:

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2022 9:01 PM in response to CMStoup

Hi CMStoup, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

I wonder if you might try resetting your network settings as per the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204051

You could also try a 'Force Restart' which sometimes resolves legacy update issues as per the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados

If the issue is not resolved by the above support articles and suggestions, you can make an appointment and have your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). Please use this link to find one in your Country Apple – Location Selector. After going through the process, you will be given all the options available.

You can also contact Apple Support as follows:

Feb 13, 2022 5:24 PM in response to ShortBlack6857

I’ve experienced the same problem with my iPad after upgrading to iOS 15.3.1. After working with Apple technical support running diagnostics and doing a factory reset of my iPad the problem still persists. With Wi-Fi intermittently dropping my connection the iPad experiences severe battery drain. Apple’s diagnostic test did not reveal any hardware issues with my iPad so bringing it in to a repair center really does not seem logical.

Mar 1, 2022 4:09 PM in response to CMStoup

Had the same issue...could not connect to WIFI after the 15.3.1 update. (ipad)

Searched online and tried all the fixes...nothing changed...no WIFI.

Someone mentioned they deleted their VPN from their device and WIFI was back....so I did it...not happy about losing the VPN, but the WIFI connection is back and all seems to be working well.

Maybe a fix will be coming?

Mar 15, 2022 7:49 AM in response to CMStoup

After updating the iPad Pro to 15.4, it still looses internet connection after a period of time.  Only way to reconnect is to either power cycle or cycle WiFi off, then on.  Leaving the iPad connected to power also seems to prevent the connection loss problem. Never had a VPN installed, so that is not a fix for this iPad.

Mar 15, 2022 3:26 PM in response to Hola_Mundo

Thank you! This helped me too.

After updating to 15.3.1, I could connect to our wifi but the icon wouldn’t show and I kept getting “no internet connection” error messages on different apps. And under Settings, the vpn toggle button kept flickering.

I tried to reset my network settings multiple times, switching my phone on and off, updating as soon as the newest update came out - but none of these worked.

Deleting my vpn app as you advised did the trick. Thanks again!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.