Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When email used for Apple ID is compromised ....?

Situation: One Apple ID is used on 2 Macs (2020) , 1 iPad Air 2, and 1 iPhone 13 Pro Max ..

How to: How to change Apple ID and preserve paid subscriptions (iCloud+ and more...).

Goal:

Create new Apple ID for 1 Mac (used for work)

Create new Apple ID for: remains 3 devices

Note: Current Apple ID was potentially compromised in data leak. (I prefer to delete email account from issuing domain in the near future).

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 5:08 PM

On the compromised email, change your Apple ID email address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

To create a new Apple ID, see if anything here helps.

Apple ID - create a new.      *

Apple ID – Create   -

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 5:08 PM in response to Cloud-Blow-N-Bang

On the compromised email, change your Apple ID email address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

To create a new Apple ID, see if anything here helps.

Apple ID - create a new.      *

Apple ID – Create   -

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    *

When email used for Apple ID is compromised ....?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.