You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display issues after the Mac OS latest update

Hi Mac users, I notice that post the recent update of Mac OS Monterey, the display screen develops lines at the bottom while using the laptop for about 2 hours? Upon restart the lines go but again after 2 hours of usage the issue appears again. Tried the SMC reset and also the PMC reset too.

MacBook Pro 13″, 12.2

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 11:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 12:47 AM

That doesn’t look good. This appears to be either a Logic Board, Display Cable or a Display issue. Try taking a screen shot from within the MacBook Pro when this happens again. If those lines do not appear on the screen shot, then the issue is most likely at the display level.

I recommend that you have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2022 12:47 AM in response to susheel1988

That doesn’t look good. This appears to be either a Logic Board, Display Cable or a Display issue. Try taking a screen shot from within the MacBook Pro when this happens again. If those lines do not appear on the screen shot, then the issue is most likely at the display level.

I recommend that you have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

Display issues after the Mac OS latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.