Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a Imac 27 mid 2010 that is running Yosemite

can I upgrade the OS to High Sierra and if so how?

If not does this mean my machine is only good for the bin as a lot of the apps are no longer supported

by my current OS.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 4:37 AM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2022 1:50 PM in response to Porter341

follow this How to get old versions of macOS and scroll to lower region of the web page

Use Safari to download macOS on your Mac

Safari uses these links to find the old installers

in the App Store. After you download the installer from the App Store,

the installer opens automatically.

• macOS Big Sur can upgrade Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
  • macOS Catalina can upgrade Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
  • macOS Mojave can upgrade High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion
  • macOS High Sierra can upgrade Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion

Feb 14, 2022 2:10 AM in response to Porter341

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.  For Best results use Safari to commence the download as Others may not work.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence.

macOS High Sierra 10.13 hardware requirements

Make Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS

Feb 14, 2022 12:03 PM in response to Niel

I've tried all this when i click on updates it only tells me i have recently updated whatsapp

when i go into app store it only gives me limited apps

I tried the safe boot and it didnt like Chrome, i tried app store again and it still said that the download was broken!

I'm starting to think that this machine needs to go in the bin

i have a Imac 27 mid 2010 that is running Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.