Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When my phone rings it rings loud and then automatically decreases. It is an iPhone 12. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

When my iPhone 12 mini rings the volume is initially loud and then it automatically decreases? Is there a setting that I can change to fix this?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 7:46 AM

Personally, I find this a wonderful feature. It's called Attention Aware and it activates when a call is coming and your phone sees you are looking at it, meaning it knows you're aware a call is coming in and it reduces the ringer sounds accordingly. People around you likely appreciate this feature as well.

If however, you don't like it, you can certainly turn it off by going into Settings > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention > Attention Aware Features and turn that off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 7:46 AM in response to MaineNo1

Personally, I find this a wonderful feature. It's called Attention Aware and it activates when a call is coming and your phone sees you are looking at it, meaning it knows you're aware a call is coming in and it reduces the ringer sounds accordingly. People around you likely appreciate this feature as well.

If however, you don't like it, you can certainly turn it off by going into Settings > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention > Attention Aware Features and turn that off.

When my phone rings it rings loud and then automatically decreases. It is an iPhone 12. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.