Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing IMEI 2

Before I had Verizon activate my new iPhone 13 (bought directly from Apple), it showed two IMEI numbers, being a dual SIM phone. After the activation (a much longer process than it should have been), only one IMEI number shows; IMEI 2 disappeared. Is this normal? Does the phone still have dual SIM capability or did Verizon somehow screw it up?

Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question.

-Fred

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 9:08 AM

Hi Fredpen,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Congratulations on your new iPhone! It sounds like you have a question about Dual SIM We're happy to provide some information to assist.

"On iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13, and iPhone 13 mini, you can use two eSIMs for two or more cellular plans—two active at the same time—or a physical nano-SIM for a cellular plan and an eSIM for one or more other cellular plans."

If you don't have an eSIM plan set up with your current carrier or a different carrier (if your device is unlocked) you'd only see one IMEI. Check out the information above and details about eSIM here: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM

Best!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 9:08 AM in response to Fredpen

Hi Fredpen,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Congratulations on your new iPhone! It sounds like you have a question about Dual SIM We're happy to provide some information to assist.

"On iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13, and iPhone 13 mini, you can use two eSIMs for two or more cellular plans—two active at the same time—or a physical nano-SIM for a cellular plan and an eSIM for one or more other cellular plans."

If you don't have an eSIM plan set up with your current carrier or a different carrier (if your device is unlocked) you'd only see one IMEI. Check out the information above and details about eSIM here: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM

Best!

Feb 14, 2022 10:56 AM in response to OrigamiFan1

Thank you! That cleared it up nicely. I also checked on the "About" settings under General, and saw that the IMEI 2 is available. I should have checked there first, but I was still upset over being on the phone with Verizon for two hours in an unsuccessful attempt to activate the phone! I tried again the next day, using Chat, and the tech this time knew what he was doing...he had to first deactivate the phone from the first tech's mess, then reactivate, but it was done pretty quickly (as it should have been originally).

Thanks again!

Disappearing IMEI 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.