Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[Bug] Desktop Icons Disappear after MacOS 12.2.1 install

After installing MacOS 12.2.1, all the document icons (except HD and Time Machine icons) on the desktop disappear when awakening from sleep. (iMac 27" Late 2015). It is repeatable--happens every time since the install. Anyone else seeing this?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 4:53 PM

I had the same problem. I had been looking everywhere for a solution, then stumbled on this solution. Start terminal and enter following command:

defaults write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop true; killall Finder

See if that works for you, it worked for me.

2 replies

Feb 13, 2022 9:17 AM in response to brokenman

Not happening to me on 4 stock Monterey systems, two MacBook Pros, iMac, & M1 Mac Mini. Perhaps you have something installed that is causing the trouble Recommend you run EtreCheck allowing Full Disk Access and run a scan and attach the report in reply here using the Additional Text button to paste the report. It will list everything you have loading and would allow us to see if there is something running that may be causing your problem.

[Bug] Desktop Icons Disappear after MacOS 12.2.1 install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.