Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music not playing whole song

I have an imported .mp4 file that's 38 minutes long. I can play the whole file in iTunes, but music cuts out around 7minutes, even though it shows the file as 38 minutes. I've updated music, O/S, deleted the file, downloaded the file again, turned off iPod. Nothing seems to work.

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 11:06 AM

Greetings mld730,

We understand that you are having some difficulty with an imported file, and we'd like to help. Does this file play in other locations? Have you downloaded or imported the file again after deleting it? Are you receiving an error of any kind? The more detail you can provide, the better the chance of receiving a reply.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 11:06 AM in response to mld730

Greetings mld730,

We understand that you are having some difficulty with an imported file, and we'd like to help. Does this file play in other locations? Have you downloaded or imported the file again after deleting it? Are you receiving an error of any kind? The more detail you can provide, the better the chance of receiving a reply.

Cheers.

Feb 14, 2022 11:48 AM in response to ryane77

The whole 38-min files plays on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad thru Music. It's just the iPod that won't play the whole file. No error message, just stops playing around the 7 minute mark. I've deleted and re-imported it multiple times. I've tried syncing the iPod multiple times. The app and O/S on the iPod are up-to-date.

music not playing whole song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.