Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music being skipped on ipod

Recently purchased a new digital album, the songs work fine on itunes (well, music, the app that replaced it) but won't work on ipod. It just skips past most of them. I've reset the device itself and put them back on but that didn't help. The files are lossless .wav ones.

I realised this is the kind of thing that could be sorted via e-mailing support, but they have no option for that so my only option was either a phone call, taking the device into a shop (still confused by that one), or this.

iPod Classic

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:05 AM

Then that is likely the problem. Assuming iTunes is able to play the tracks you can use its convert format feature to make to new copies your device can play. Apple Lossless would be smaller files at full 16-bit resolution. See Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 8:05 AM in response to cyanideandwhiskey

Then that is likely the problem. Assuming iTunes is able to play the tracks you can use its convert format feature to make to new copies your device can play. Apple Lossless would be smaller files at full 16-bit resolution. See Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

tt2

Music being skipped on ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.