Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 7 not advancing to next song

My iPod 7 will often not advance to the next song of a downloaded album from U music. Very frustrating while driving but also happens on my JBL at home. Never happens when I use my iPhone 13….

iPod, iOS 15

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 1:43 PM

Are you using Shuffle mode on the iPod and did you download the music from your iTunes Library (on your desktop/laptop)? If so, the most likely explanation is that the songs are set to Skip when shuffling.

It's an option in iTunes, that can be set for each song.

In your iTunes Library, right-click a song and select Get Info/Options>Skip when shuffling. The box should be empty. If it has a tick in it (a check mark), click on the box to remove it.

You can do this for several songs at once: select all the songs you wish to check, right-click/Get Info/Options>Skip when shuffling. This time, you will be asked if you want to edit several times (yes, you do):

• If the box has a tick in it, all of your selection is ticked
  • If the box is empty, all of your selection is not ticked
  • If there is a dash in the box, it means that some, but not all, of the songs are set to skip, while others are not
  • With this last option, you may need to click the box twice in order to remove the dash and the tick

Finally, Sync your iPod with the Library in order for the changes to be added to the iPod.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 1:43 PM in response to AZINAS

Are you using Shuffle mode on the iPod and did you download the music from your iTunes Library (on your desktop/laptop)? If so, the most likely explanation is that the songs are set to Skip when shuffling.

It's an option in iTunes, that can be set for each song.

In your iTunes Library, right-click a song and select Get Info/Options>Skip when shuffling. The box should be empty. If it has a tick in it (a check mark), click on the box to remove it.

You can do this for several songs at once: select all the songs you wish to check, right-click/Get Info/Options>Skip when shuffling. This time, you will be asked if you want to edit several times (yes, you do):

• If the box has a tick in it, all of your selection is ticked
  • If the box is empty, all of your selection is not ticked
  • If there is a dash in the box, it means that some, but not all, of the songs are set to skip, while others are not
  • With this last option, you may need to click the box twice in order to remove the dash and the tick

Finally, Sync your iPod with the Library in order for the changes to be added to the iPod.

iPod 7 not advancing to next song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.