Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app permissions

My health app wants to share information with contacts . I did not grant it permission and I do not share my health information with anyone in my contacts. Also How can I stop it besides shutting it off

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 8:19 AM

after going thru all my contacts that have an iPhone and deleting them one by one, I found I was sharing with one contact for some reason After delete this contact, the health app stopped accessing contacts. After reading a number of posts on this subject I believe that it is just a system bug and could be addressed by apple.Apple now lets use view things that we couldn’t before and while it is beneficial, it also causes anxiety among privacy advocates I am one of those persons and I have had to learn that some of the inconsistencies are really just mundane and are not harmful to my privacy Thanks apple community for putting my fears to rest

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 8:19 AM in response to Bosco313

after going thru all my contacts that have an iPhone and deleting them one by one, I found I was sharing with one contact for some reason After delete this contact, the health app stopped accessing contacts. After reading a number of posts on this subject I believe that it is just a system bug and could be addressed by apple.Apple now lets use view things that we couldn’t before and while it is beneficial, it also causes anxiety among privacy advocates I am one of those persons and I have had to learn that some of the inconsistencies are really just mundane and are not harmful to my privacy Thanks apple community for putting my fears to rest

Feb 14, 2022 12:18 PM in response to Bosco313

Hey Bosco313,

It appears that you're sharing your Health data with others, and you'd like for it to stop. We're glad to glad to provide assistance.

Share your data in Health on iPhone - Apple Support -- Open the Health app, tap "Sharing" at the bottom, then select either "stop Sharing or Remove Account.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

Health app permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.