Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. My ibook G4 year 2004 facing problems with error code 2STF/1/4, there’s an icon question mark keep blinking every time turn on this machine. I knew this machine was obsoleted but is there any chances to repair it?

Hi. My ibook G4 year 2004 facing problems with error code 2STF/1/4, there’s an icon question mark keep blinking every time turn on this machine. I knew this machine was obsoleted but is there any chances to repair it?

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 8:52 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one here with one of these dinosaurs. It was my first notebook, before I went to iMacs.

The news is not good for your iBook. I found three old discussions (2006-14) here, here and here, all of which indicate that the error message 2STF/1/4 indicates, as one poster said, "The problem is the HD, the internal cable connecting the HD to the logic board, or the drive controller chip."

There were a few hardware-related suggestions offered, but that was nearly a decade ago. Use the search facility above to do some more research for other old discussions.

Needless to say, the iBook is a long way past the days of Apple being able to service it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 8:52 PM in response to G4-Adam

I'm glad I'm not the only one here with one of these dinosaurs. It was my first notebook, before I went to iMacs.

The news is not good for your iBook. I found three old discussions (2006-14) here, here and here, all of which indicate that the error message 2STF/1/4 indicates, as one poster said, "The problem is the HD, the internal cable connecting the HD to the logic board, or the drive controller chip."

There were a few hardware-related suggestions offered, but that was nearly a decade ago. Use the search facility above to do some more research for other old discussions.

Needless to say, the iBook is a long way past the days of Apple being able to service it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.