Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Junk mail filter

Want to check if anyone has the same experience, in these last couple of days I have received junk mail on my Apple Mail app (non-cloud email address), while the the two particular mail was filtered as "Junk Mail" by Apple Mail filter and are in my Junk Mail mailbox, the clever thing the spammer did, which I think it may be a bug in the Apple Mail is that, somehow the two junk mail I received were flagged and hence are in the Apple Mail Flagged folder.

I think this happens only to non-iCloud email that are added using Apple Mail as the email client. Does anyone has this experience?

Regards

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 6:26 AM

The spammer first flagged the mails and your mail address was known to him , he send the mail to your server , filters were created in your Mac mail application .

The mail moved to junk mail box but it was flagged , clear the flag see the article Flag emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

iCloud Junk mail filter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.