Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to import MPEG file into Apple TV's "My Library"

I have a series of 26 MPEG videos that I'd like to import into the Apple TV Library. Within the Apple TV application, I click File > Import... > browse for the parent folder containing the files and then click Open. The application successfully imports all but one of the 26 videos (the 18th video to be precise). All 26 MPEG's play back perfectly in Quicktime, but Apple TV won't import this particular one for some reason.

I've tried duplicating the file; moving it to another folder location; deleting the file, and downloading it again from my cloud server; and individually selecting the file from the Import finder window (instead from the parent folder). All attempts are unsuccessful.

After researching these forums, the issue is similar to TowJam60's discussion. Unfortunately I do not have an external storage device at my disposal. I did however attempt resetting the NVRAM or PRAM, but to no avail.

All videos are approximately 1.1 GB in size and encoded with the same codecs being Subtitles, AAC, and H.264. I'm using macOS Monterey 12.1 on a MacBook Pro (16-inch 2019).

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 1:02 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 14, 2022 2:35 AM in response to lllaass

That's it! I re-encoded it with my original program and it worked. There must've been a hiccup in the process.

But I did try using Handbrake for the sake of troubleshooting. I specified not to crop, fast 1080p30 preset, everything default... but the problem persisted. Very strange. I can't imagine what caused this to happen, but all is well now.

Unable to import MPEG file into Apple TV's "My Library"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.