Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix bluetooth in Monterey 12.2.1? Nothing will connect!

When is Apple going to fix bluetooth in Monterey?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 8:01 AM

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time -Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - If not - there could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

4 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then this appears to be a System Wide issue.

5 - Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 8:01 AM in response to tbucket53

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time -Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - If not - there could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

4 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then this appears to be a System Wide issue.

5 - Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

Feb 16, 2022 1:49 PM in response to tbucket53

Same here. Just can't stand this anymore. My keyboard will connect to my iPad without any problem. On my iMac there's a massive problem after updating to Monterey. The bluetooth sees the mouse and keyboard but won't connect. I get a message saying Passkey mismatch. plists have been removed with the instruction of Apple technician. OS reinstalled. Nothing. It also sees my iPad but doesn't to connect with it. I get a message on my iPad saying that the version is not compatible. I really hope they are working on this issue as this is not acceptable. So many Apple users complaining on the internet.

Mar 10, 2022 11:58 AM in response to tbucket53

Same here - what happened? My bluetooth speaker beeps when I select it in bluetooth preferences, but that's it - it says connected, but no sound actually comes out of the speaker; it continues to come out of the MacBook speakers instead. I tried the safe mode restart, did a first-aid diagnostic, restarted, nothing. Come on, Apple, this is a big one to mess up.

How to fix bluetooth in Monterey 12.2.1? Nothing will connect!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.