Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad does not let me give permissions

Hello everyone.

my iPad has recently somehow revoked permissions from all of my apps and I cannot give them back. Instagram, discord etc. All lost access to my camera and no matter what I try, I cannot allow them access. I’ve turned on the „allow“ setting that should let me change permissions but it doesn’t work even after uninstalling the app. Instagram for example tells me to give it access to my camera roll, but when I click the button prompt it takes me to my settings and nothing else. There is no mention of the camera anywhere. If anybody knows how to fix this, I’d greatly appreciate it, I need programs like discord for school.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 1:46 PM

Hi mm253, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Can I suggest the following:

• that you are update to the latest iPadOS which is 15.3.1 (if you have not done this already) as updates can help resolve some problems. The following link can help you: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204204

• Check if 'Low Power Mode' is on and turn it off: Settings > Battery.

• Check your Screen Time settings if this is on and turn on Camera: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps

• Check your Privacy settings: Settings > Privacy > Camera

You can also contact Apple Support as follows:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 1:46 PM in response to mm253

Hi mm253, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Can I suggest the following:

• that you are update to the latest iPadOS which is 15.3.1 (if you have not done this already) as updates can help resolve some problems. The following link can help you: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204204

• Check if 'Low Power Mode' is on and turn it off: Settings > Battery.

• Check your Screen Time settings if this is on and turn on Camera: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps

• Check your Privacy settings: Settings > Privacy > Camera

You can also contact Apple Support as follows:

iPad does not let me give permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.