Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.3.1 and app permissions

Did apple change how app permissions work after the new update? Apparently nome of my apps know where to ask for contacts, camera, microphone permissions anymore…

This is quite annoying. I understand it is also up to the developers to update their apps, but apple could have been “friendly” by warning or making it still compatible…

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 11:49 PM

JPBarbosa

"IOS 15.3.1 and app permissions: Did apple change how app permissions work after the new update? Apparently nome of my apps know where to ask for contacts, camera, microphone permissions anymore… This is quite annoying. I understand it is also up to the developers to update their apps, but apple could have been “friendly” by warning or making it still compatible…"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Having just updated your deice, let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that it is after installing the update when the issue began. Include a link to this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253709785?page=1
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 11:49 PM in response to JPBarbosa

JPBarbosa

"IOS 15.3.1 and app permissions: Did apple change how app permissions work after the new update? Apparently nome of my apps know where to ask for contacts, camera, microphone permissions anymore… This is quite annoying. I understand it is also up to the developers to update their apps, but apple could have been “friendly” by warning or making it still compatible…"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Having just updated your deice, let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that it is after installing the update when the issue began. Include a link to this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253709785?page=1
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

IOS 15.3.1 and app permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.