Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any updates on fixing the mosquito noise on 2021 iMac?

Hi.

Just received my pretty pink 2021 iMac two days ago.

It's my first Macintosh computer and am already in love!

What I'm not in love with however, is the constant loud "mosquito nest" noise coming from the body of the computer. The noise is really really loud! (Over the sound of the boiler in my room loud; over playing music and videos at respectable volumes, loud)

The sound entirely goes away when my screen brightness is past two thirds full and is very acceptable in volume below one third full, but that sweet-spot second third of screen brightness; it's really really loud and very annoying.

I've been spending the day mostly trying to ignore it and while I've got some work done, coming back to the computer at night now, my nerves are being frayed by it's perseverance.

Does this sound go away? Or should I try to return this computer back to my retailer for a replacement?

Is there any point getting a replacement? (Are they all the same?)

Thanks for your time!

Please comment and respond.

I don't know what to do!

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 2:47 PM

You should return the computer and ask for a replacement. It shouldn’t be doing that.

Similar questions

2 replies

Any updates on fixing the mosquito noise on 2021 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.