Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[VIDEO PROOF] Whirring / buzzing / whining sound from my 2021 M1 iMac whenever exporting images/pdf from Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop

I've been noticing a weird sound coming from the iMac whenever performing certain operations in the last few months. Perhaps it's always performed like this but today I read this thread and started actually worrying, so I decided to actually record the computer whilst performing the last task with which I noticed the sound (exporting three Illustrator artboards with 500ppi images as a single .pdf using "Save As...").

The video pretty much covers the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvXczjL1Ao

I'm hoping this is an overreaction on my part honestly. Yes I've called support, it seemed to be dismissed as fan noise but the assistant forwarded the issue nontheless.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a reason for concern based of the thread linked above?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 2:58 AM

Are you putting the files on an external HDD? Very faint indeed, but seems to me to be like a normal sounds a spinning platter disk would make. Except for the bird chirping. Unless that's what you're talking about.

1 reply

[VIDEO PROOF] Whirring / buzzing / whining sound from my 2021 M1 iMac whenever exporting images/pdf from Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.