Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app only plays downloaded music after latest Monterey update

Hi all,

Since updating to macOS 12.2.1, Music only plays downloaded music in my library. If I browse Apple Music and hit play on an album or playlist, no track info appears & it does not play.

If I add that album etc. to my library it plays. I can also play downloaded music (either music I've chosen to download or ripped from CD or saved to disk).

It's not a sound issue. Sound from other apps, notifications, alerts etc. work fine wither through the MBP speakers or BT. It's also not an account issue as I have a Sonos system that plays anything that I've either addd to my library or browsed.

Music also works through the app on my iPhone & iPad - just the Mac refuses to play anything streamed.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers, Ian

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 3:25 PM

4 replies

Music app only plays downloaded music after latest Monterey update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.