Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini blanks out randomly for a few seconds and then comes back on

I have a new Mac Mini 2022, paired with a new HP M27FQ monitor.

Installed with all the defaults, the monitor will go blank for a few seconds and then the screen contents will reappear. Occurs randomly. Cannot see anything in the logs.

Tried changing the default display settings without much effect.

How can I determine if my monitor is compatible with the Mac mini?

Is there a list of compatible monitors?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 5:52 AM

The issue could be related to an HDMI error/reset. Try performing the equivalent of an SCM reset on your Mac mini 2022 to see if that helps. If that doesn't work,, consider using a shorter and/or high quality HDMI cable.

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 20, 2022 4:17 PM in response to BobHarris

Bought a low end Samsung 4K monitor, UE590 which works great so far. Like most replies it looks best in a lower resolution: 2560 x 1440 @ 60.00Hz.

The earlier monitor I tested must have been faulty as the blanking out has not been repeated since switching monitors.

I think I will keep my Mac mini after all.

Thanks for the help every one!

Feb 17, 2022 3:29 PM in response to lllaass

Changed the monitor to an LG Full HD and this worked fine although text displayed as bold looked poor, (edges bleeding into the background). I was hoping to use a low res monitor, I only will be using the MAC mini for development work.

I cannot use the MAC Mini with this display, I would have eye strain after not too long.

The bottom line is that the default font is designed to work with high resolution displays and looks poor in anything less than 4K.

I either up the ante and purchase a 4K monitor or maybe exchange it for an iMac.

Mac Mini blanks out randomly for a few seconds and then comes back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.