Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Battery life relation with being plugged in

Hey, I have a 2019 MacBook pro, I was wondering I should have it plugged in all the time, keep the battery at 100%, or should I let it drain to 30ish %. Which method will preserve my battery life?

My battery condition is normal as of now

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:43 AM

You can plug the computer in whenever needed or convenient to do so. Leaving the computer plugged in will not damage your computer or your battery. Let the MacOS manage the system power/charging. it does so very well and there is no need for you to micromanage the system.

5 replies

Feb 15, 2022 10:26 AM in response to sudo-prakhar

Yes you kind of prolong the battery life by keeping number of the charge cycles low.

A battery has a certain number of charge cycles, after which the battery life will decrease.

Batteries have a limited amount of charge cycles before their performance is expected to diminish. Once the cycle count is reached, a replacement battery is recommended to maintain performance. You can use your battery after it reaches its maximum cycle count, but you might notice a reduction in your battery life. 

copied from:  Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks.

MacBook Pro Battery life relation with being plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.