Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone stolen,2 ways authentication is a problem

my iphone, was stolen, i know my icloud and password,

right now i want to use find my phone,

but the problem the two way authentication is in the number which was stolen with iphone,

so,how could i unlock and find my device that is stolen, i mean how could i log in icloud.and use the feature find my phone., when the 2 ways authentication is in the thief hands

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 6:52 AM

https://www.iCloud.com/find does not require a 2FA code (the “/find” is the important distinction when logging into Find My by itself and not all of iCloud).

And you should always have a backup telephone number registered to your AppleID for such situations when you only have a single Apple trusted device. A code can always be sent to your backup number by SMS or automated voice message when a trusted device is not available.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 6:52 AM in response to demiurge228

https://www.iCloud.com/find does not require a 2FA code (the “/find” is the important distinction when logging into Find My by itself and not all of iCloud).

And you should always have a backup telephone number registered to your AppleID for such situations when you only have a single Apple trusted device. A code can always be sent to your backup number by SMS or automated voice message when a trusted device is not available.

Feb 15, 2022 6:03 AM in response to demiurge228

You must contact your Carrier and have the stolen SIM card locked. Then you need your Carrier to send you a new SIM card with the same phone number. Once you have it, put it in another phone in order to receive Authentication code on SMS from Apple.

iphone stolen,2 ways authentication is a problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.