Iphone stolen

My iphone was stolen, then I log in icloud and use the function Find my iphone. In the next couples of hours, I received an SMS message from apple.com with the notice about my stolen iphone, and its location, I click on the link, log in and there is a location.

But I then realize that the link is fake.

Then I think the thief has accessed my iphone.

Then I have to change the password of icloud. And i have to remove the lost device from the list.

I am so worry now. I have no opportunity to find my stolen iphone. But is there any risk to my icloud? and my current iphone?

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:53 PM

Dungnguyen_1 Said:

"Iphone stolen: [...]Then I think the thief has accessed my iphone. Then I have to change the password of icloud. And i have to remove the lost device from the list. I am so worry now. I have no opportunity to find my stolen iphone. But is there any risk to my icloud? and my current iphone?"

-------

Contact your Carrier. Have them cancel service to this iPhone.

ecure your Account:

Having been suspiciously locked out, someone may have your credentials. So, do three Things:

A. Re-Associate All Devices:

Disassociate all devices from your Apple Account, first.  Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices.. Go here to check the devices associated to your account: Check your Apple ID Device list to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Then, log in to your Apple iCloud Account on each device.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

By all means, consider modifying your credentials, starting with a new password.

D. Change the Password and Passcode:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 8:53 PM in response to Dungnguyen_1

Dungnguyen_1 Said:

"Iphone stolen: [...]Then I think the thief has accessed my iphone. Then I have to change the password of icloud. And i have to remove the lost device from the list. I am so worry now. I have no opportunity to find my stolen iphone. But is there any risk to my icloud? and my current iphone?"

-------

Contact your Carrier. Have them cancel service to this iPhone.

ecure your Account:

Having been suspiciously locked out, someone may have your credentials. So, do three Things:

A. Re-Associate All Devices:

Disassociate all devices from your Apple Account, first.  Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices.. Go here to check the devices associated to your account: Check your Apple ID Device list to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Then, log in to your Apple iCloud Account on each device.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

By all means, consider modifying your credentials, starting with a new password.

D. Change the Password and Passcode:

Iphone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.