Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I renewed my Apple Music subscription hoping to get all my old music back but when I go to sync back to iCloud nothing happens how do I get my music back?!

I renewed my Apple Music subscription hoping to get all my old music back but when I go to sync back to iCloud nothing happens how do I get my music back?!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 7:06 AM

I decided not to take the Music service after my free 90 day trial. I had some of my personal albums copied to my new iPhone and then synced with my new MacBook Air. Now both devices have removed my personal music files. I owned those music files and I still have them on my PC, but Apple seems to think they own them seeing I am using them on their device? Maybe the VLC app will work on my Mac products, but this seems a violation of my rights, not a licensing issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 7:06 AM in response to Travis10h

I decided not to take the Music service after my free 90 day trial. I had some of my personal albums copied to my new iPhone and then synced with my new MacBook Air. Now both devices have removed my personal music files. I owned those music files and I still have them on my PC, but Apple seems to think they own them seeing I am using them on their device? Maybe the VLC app will work on my Mac products, but this seems a violation of my rights, not a licensing issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.