Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - Turn on unit and tv at a specific time?

I own an apple tv 4k unit and can manually turn on both devices when I turn on apple tv. My question is, is there a way to turn on the Apple TV box and TV set together at a set time.

At 8am in the morning on weekdays, I'd would like to turn on the tv (and apple tv box) to run Sling or PlutoTV and start playing a feed. This would work as a wakeup alarm.

Is this possible within Homekit / Sortcuts or something else? Or is it currently impossible?

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Thank you for replying. I added my suggestion to Product Feedback. I think that feature would be a great option instead of waking up to an alarm clock or music on the ipad. It would allow my flexibility.

2 replies

Feb 16, 2022 12:20 PM in response to Jack_V123

Hey there, Jack_V123.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting your question about automating certain processes with your Apple TV and TV. We'd be glad to provide you with some clarity.

This is not currently a feature that's available on the Apple TV. If that's something you'd like to see potentially added in a future release, be sure to provide Product Feedback here.

Take care.

Apple TV - Turn on unit and tv at a specific time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.