Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting 'Download failed' while trying to apply macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-002 10.15.7

The Internet connection is fine. The hard drive has 2.87 TB available and the ‘First Aid’ feature of Disk Utility detected no problems. There was no improvement after clearing cache or applying the update under Safe Mode. I used Terminal commands to: remove and recreate the system security database, kill and restart the dock, and reindex Spotlight. I restarting after each step and retried the update… no help.

I’m having the problem on a 27-inch, late 2012 iMac running Catalina version 10.15.7. I’ve dealt with the ‘Download failed’ message on a previous update by manually downloading and installing the update, but I can’t find directions to do that for this update.

Thanks for considering this issue.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 2:07 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 15, 2022 2:16 PM in response to MGPerson08

Manually download from here https://support.apple.com/en_CA/downloads/macos.

Then suggest Stop once it is in the Downloads folder.

Do a Time Machine Backup

Disconnect all external drives

Restart in Safe Mode SHIFT key immediately at restart which does a Repair Disk, clears cache files and only loads Apple Software - boot up is much slower - normal.

Once logged in - now run the Security Update

Feb 17, 2022 1:05 AM in response to MGPerson08

Nice practical return which will help many unknown colleagues 😊.

Retex is what is of the uppermost human value in this world.

For everything which depends on your network, I advise you to always a connection definition which is based

on one physical interface so as to be aware of which one is trustable or which other one is less.

This is achieved through "Locations" in Apple vocabulary:

@MGPerson08, for all these unknown colleagues,

thank you.

Feb 16, 2022 2:49 AM in response to MGPerson08

There is yet another possible solution at this link if the Standalone Security Update of 2022 is still not published by Apple as per previous link.

The link will suggest using Terminal and several commands. If one is not totally comfortable using Terminal command - do not attempt.

Reason, Terminal is not forgiving. One error can render the OS useless.

This can be perform from a Safe Boot SHIFT key immediately at restart or Normal Boot.

Getting 'Download failed' while trying to apply macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-002 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.