Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2022-005 security update not installing Catalina Macbook Pro late 2013 (19H1922)

I'm seeing I have the following update available.

macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-005 10.15.7 –– Restart Required

I've taken the following steps without successful installation.

Tried Downloading the update from System Preferences > Software Update > More Info > Install Now

Completes the download and asks to restart, after restart it starts but immediately stops and boots without actually installing the update.

I've also tried to download the update from the following link Download Security Update 2022-005 (Catalina) but it's given the same failed results.

Last I tried booting in safe mode (hold-shift on startup method). I attempted to download the update again from system preferences and by using the .dmg installer and the update keeps stopping midway without any error details.

I'm puzzled and have run out of ideas.

I'm currently on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1922).

Any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 12:15 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 18, 2022 6:37 PM in response to Edward Martz

Hello Edward Martz,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with installing macOS. To start, try the steps listed here to see if the issue is resolved: If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

"If your Mac is stuck on this screen

If you think you've waited long enough to know that your Mac is stuck on this screen, follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off. (Every Mac has a power button. On notebook computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.)
  2. Turn your Mac back on. If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. Then unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, and other nonessential devices. You could have an issue with one or more of those devices or their cables. 
  3. Turn your Mac back on. If the issue persists, once again press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. Then follow the steps in this article: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility. It explains how to start up from macOS Recovery so that you can use Disk Utility.
    • If Disk Utility found no errors, reinstall macOS.
    • If Disk Utility found errors and repaired them, restart your Mac. If the issue returns after restarting, reinstall macOS.

If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

You an also find helpful steps listed here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212526

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Aug 18, 2022 8:08 PM in response to K_Faith

Hi,

These suggestions don't really cover my problem. I'm able to start up to Mac OS X Catalina just fine. The problem is the security update keeps failing after the computer restarts and begins the software update. The progress bar shows 10% complete then restarts without completing and doesn't install the update.

macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-005 10.15.7

The update keeps reappearing on my Software Updates and not updating to 19H2026 from 19H1922.

2022-005 security update not installing Catalina Macbook Pro late 2013 (19H1922)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.