Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find feature on Monterey update

Anybody else having trouble with the Find feature (aka Searching this Mac) with the Monterey update? I was always aggravated with the previous Find versions because it seemed like EVERYTHING would pop up in the search results. Now I am lucky if I can get anything to pop up at all in the results, or sometimes it takes several minutes for items to appear. It was never this slow or useless prior to the Monterey update. Really sorry I updated as I use that Find Feature a lot to find resources for my classes.

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 9:14 AM

DJ2005 wrote:

Anybody else having trouble with the Find feature (aka Searching this Mac) with the Monterey update? I was always aggravated with the previous Find versions because it seemed like EVERYTHING would pop up in the search results. Now I am lucky if I can get anything to pop up at all in the results, or sometimes it takes several minutes for items to appear. It was never this slow or useless prior to the Monterey update. Really sorry I updated as I use that Find Feature a lot to find resources for my classes.

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 9:14 AM in response to DJ2005

DJ2005 wrote:

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Find feature on Monterey update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.