Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive Find My Application on Macbook Air M1

I occasionally use the Find My app on my Macbook to track my iPhone which is usually somewhere in the house. However, ever since I updated on Ventura 13.2, I am unable to use the "Find My" application. The application opens normally, and as soon as it displays the list of all my devices, it would show the rainbow-coloured rotating wheel, which signifies some sort of processing in Macbook shows up. For that matter, this is also common in another app which is WhatsApp, and other apps are smooth.

Since "Find My" is a system application, I cannot remove it and then reinstall it, and I don't know how to roll back to the previous version of the MacOS. I would really appreciate it if others confirm this bug if this bug doesn't exist then what should I do in this case? Any help is highly appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 7:57 AM

4 replies

Mar 12, 2023 8:51 AM in response to juggy_dc

Ouch 😔 you are 100% Correct 👍

Maybe one more update to 13.2.1 may fix the issue

Also

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Links below

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.2.1 - Apple Support (CA)

Mar 12, 2023 8:17 AM in response to juggy_dc

AFAIK - " Find My " is technically not a Application that is installed on the Computer but rather a Service Associated with Apple

Information from Apple on the Find My may give some insights

refer to link below

Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support (CA)

On the 5 Apple Devices I use the Find My works as designed and expected

In you situation are there and AntiVirus Software or VPNs and or Disk Cleaners installed and used on this computer ?

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions

1 - Disk Cleaner 

This will include CleanMyMac , aka “ BrickMyMac “

MacKeeper,

Dr Cleaner Pro Plus

Open Cleaner one Pro

Macmechanic

2  - Third Party Security Software 

This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus 

Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus

McAfee

Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard,

Webroot ,

ESET ,

Avira ,

AVG AntiVirus  

avira antivirus 

Trustee  

AntiVirus for Mac

F-Secure

Securemac

Cylance

Read some of the posting and arrive at your own conclusions.

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Mar 12, 2023 8:29 AM in response to PRP_53

When you say that it is a service associated with Apple, I get that. I used the term application installed since you can find it among all other applications in the Applications folder.

None of such external security applications is installed.

It is clear to me that the Find My service has stopped working properly since the update to Ventura 13.2 which was previously working flawlessly on 13.0. It still works great on my iPhone.

I am not sure what could be the reason, but only applications installed after 13.2 updates could be Anaconda and R Programming and VLC. That's it. But I think these should not cause any problems.

Is there any way to reset the app? I have tried to turn off and on the Find My service from Settings, the problem still persists.

Thank you for your reply kind stranger.

Unresponsive Find My Application on Macbook Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.