Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple battery replacement useless!

I had a new battery it in by apple and it’s awful, phone still dying within a few hours. Battery health says 100% now but performance is awful. Already took it back to Genius Bar and they said I need to use the phone (hadn’t fully set it up as it kept dying) so I’ve been using it normally, for the brief time till it dies again. Very dissatisfied. The phone is useless to use taking out- away from a charger, as it dies too quickly.

Maple seem to keep blaming the phone and not the fact their battery replacement is not working as it should !?

Anyone else had this happen? What did you do to get resolution from apple and not just keep being passed from pillar to post?

TIA

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:59 AM

Have you looked at Settings > Battery to see what is using most of your battery? After replacing one there is a period where is has to update the spotlight index, install updates, etc. which will certainly shorten the battery life. You have a 90 day warranty for the battery so you have time to try several things. If nothing works then Apple can try another battery but more likely it would be an issue with the power management IC on the phone which would require an out-of-warranty phone replacement.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 10:59 AM in response to trishfromnorwich

Have you looked at Settings > Battery to see what is using most of your battery? After replacing one there is a period where is has to update the spotlight index, install updates, etc. which will certainly shorten the battery life. You have a 90 day warranty for the battery so you have time to try several things. If nothing works then Apple can try another battery but more likely it would be an issue with the power management IC on the phone which would require an out-of-warranty phone replacement.

Apple battery replacement useless!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.