Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 1469 3rd Gen doesn’t let me enter Apple verification code

Trying to bring an old appleTV 3rd Gen back into service on an extra Tv … it’s working fine with Netflix snd prime, and I’ve been able to airplay some apps… but appleTv+ keeps offering me a trial even tho I already subscribe. And it keeps asking for iTunes log in, but when I do so and get the numerical log in verification code on my phone, there’s no place to enter it on device. I suspect this is the problem. Tv does not display option to enter code. Software is up to date. Is this an end of life portent for my trusty old appleTV?

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 1:12 PM

It definitely could be just past end of life operational bug.

What if you reset the AppleTV+ app? Reset the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Otherwise, what about deleting the AppleTV+ app, reinstalling it, try again?

3 replies

Feb 16, 2022 1:36 PM in response to Tim_4_All

I just reset it and started reentering passwords. Netflix etc seem ok. After the reset I did get an option to enter verification code when I entered PW for iTunes Store ( and told it to save) … all very promising, but AppleTV app just displays “accessing TV” and spinning … maybe it’s just really reaaaaalllly slow? Will leave it spinning and check back later. Internet connection is fast but the box itself is kind of pokey … thanks!

Apple TV 1469 3rd Gen doesn’t let me enter Apple verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.