Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I disable “erase this device” or “remove this device” in find my iPhone?

I'd like to remove the ability for my son to erase his phone in the find my app. Any suggestions?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:48 PM

Howdy khristi257,

I understand you're wanting to prevent your son from erasing his iPhone via Find My, so let's see if the following suggestions are helpful.

For starters, restricting this feature isn't an option so there isn't a direct way to accomplish this. If you're wanting to provide feedback as a suggestion for this, be sure to select iCloud for the feedback type at the following link:

Product Feedback

If your son is considered a minor, and you use Family Sharing, you may consider changing the Apple ID password to prevent this from occurring. You can set up Ask to Buy to approve downloads and purchases as well so they wouldn't need access to the password. For additional information on this, check out the following resource:

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy

I hope this information is able to help.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 12:48 PM in response to khristi257

Howdy khristi257,

I understand you're wanting to prevent your son from erasing his iPhone via Find My, so let's see if the following suggestions are helpful.

For starters, restricting this feature isn't an option so there isn't a direct way to accomplish this. If you're wanting to provide feedback as a suggestion for this, be sure to select iCloud for the feedback type at the following link:

Product Feedback

If your son is considered a minor, and you use Family Sharing, you may consider changing the Apple ID password to prevent this from occurring. You can set up Ask to Buy to approve downloads and purchases as well so they wouldn't need access to the password. For additional information on this, check out the following resource:

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy

I hope this information is able to help.

Cheers!

Can I disable “erase this device” or “remove this device” in find my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.