Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore text messages

I accidentally deleted texts that were very important. How can I get them back? My last backup was last night. I just need to get these texts back.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 6:21 PM

10 replies

Feb 16, 2022 8:55 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Ok so here is where I’m at and I’m not sure what to do. I reset my phone, restored from my last backup (yesterday), and at first when opening my messages it said messages were downloading. I’m connected to Wi-Fi. I plugged in my phone to charge it, and now it says “uploading to iCloud paused”. I’m attaching a picture. I’m so lost and afraid to plug my phone back in because I’m not sure if it will allow my messages to continue to download. What does this mean? If I plug my phone back in, will my messages continue to DOWNLOAD from my last backup?

Feb 16, 2022 9:03 PM in response to leesa225

That is showing that you are uploading items on your iPhone to iCloud not the other way around. If you went to Settings > Your Name > iCloud and Messages was turned on those messages were gone the minute you chose to delete them and then proceeded to the second step to confirm your choice. They were not in your backup.

Feb 16, 2022 9:24 PM in response to deggie

Ok I see what you’re saying. I’ve always had messages toggled on though with iCloud every single time I’ve gotten a new phone or restored it, and they always restore to whenever I did my last backup. I just don’t know why now all of a sudden they won’t restore when I didn’t do anything differently. I appreciate you replying.

Restore text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.