Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location of my cell signal

I started noticing that when browsing the web or sending and receiving texts and emails, my speed has slowed considerably. I installed a speed test app suggested by my carriers tech support and ran it. It showed my signal coming from a different part of my apartment complex. I then installed two other speed test apps to see where they showed my signal coming from. One app showing the wrong location is one thing, but if all three do, then I thought there might be an issue.

Since installing them, all three apps consistently show my location as either in another apartment building in the complex or sometimes from the strip mall about a block away. If, however, I run the apps when I’m away from my apartment, they all pinpoint my correct location.

Any ideas as to why the apps all show my signal as coming from other places when I’m at home in my own apartment but show my exact location when I’m away from the apartment?

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 1:00 AM

If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps then please contact the app developer directly --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 17, 2022 1:50 PM in response to Forestrymaven

You would need to contact your carrier regarding any questions about which cells your phone is connecting with. It is likely that your phone is connecting to different cells depending on call load or proximity. If you are in range of multiple cells, which one you connect to could also largely be chance.

The likelihood that someone has set up a "stingray" or an IMSI catcher is very small unless you live in an area with lots of drug dealers, hardcore anti-government activists, or foreign embassies so small as to not be worth considering.

Location of my cell signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.