Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone causing Apple TV 4k to Flash

It took me a while to figure out the connection, but it seems that iPhones and iPads cause my Apple TV 4k to briefly flash the screen black. The screen goes through some sort of reset cycle and then returns to normal. This has been carefully correlated to opening an iPhone or iPad near the Apple TV. Restarting the iPhone or iPad causes the flashing to stop. After a few days, the problem returns. I have turned off Airplay on all devices, but this does not appear to stop the problem.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:48 AM

Try the basics first:

-All devices are updated to latest OS (including the TV)

Test the following one by one (don’t reboot the iPhone — keep it in the mode that causes the TV flash)

-Reboot the AppleTV

-Reseat the HDMI cable on both ends

-Try a different hdmi cable

-Try a different hdmi port on your TV

-If you’re using CEC (on/off of TV controlled by Siri remote powering on AppleTV), disable it.

Do any of these troubleshooting steps cause the behavior to stop?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 12:48 AM in response to chuckwolber

Try the basics first:

-All devices are updated to latest OS (including the TV)

Test the following one by one (don’t reboot the iPhone — keep it in the mode that causes the TV flash)

-Reboot the AppleTV

-Reseat the HDMI cable on both ends

-Try a different hdmi cable

-Try a different hdmi port on your TV

-If you’re using CEC (on/off of TV controlled by Siri remote powering on AppleTV), disable it.

Do any of these troubleshooting steps cause the behavior to stop?

iPhone causing Apple TV 4k to Flash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.