Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 16” M1 Pro won’t charge even with OS update

This just started happening to me and I see older discussion threads but none of the workarounds work for me. MagSafe charging started to blink on and off, and now won’t work at all, in any state of On, Sleep, Off, Open or Closed. I’m on latest Monterrey. And USB-C charging won’t even give me a complete charge with laptop off all night (and for some reason didn’t charge at all last night, though there is trickle charge now. So I have a crippled M1 Pro for my work. Anyone know anything to help please???

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 5:21 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Feb 17, 2022 7:29 AM in response to ScottJW1

ScottJW1 wrote:

MagSafe charging started to blink on and off, and now won’t work at all, in any state of On, Sleep, Off, Open or Closed.

I’m on latest Monterrey. And USB-C charging won’t even give me a complete charge with laptop off all night (and for some reason didn’t charge at all last night, though there is trickle charge now. So I have a crippled M1 Pro for my work. Anyone know anything to help please???

Yes, 12.2.1.

Are you plugged directly into the Mac...?

Did you try the MagSafe charger option?

About battery health management in Mac notebooks w/Silcon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support1832

If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac - Apple Support

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Feb 17, 2022 6:13 AM in response to ScottJW1

ScottJW1 wrote:

This just started happening to me and I see older discussion threads but none of the workarounds work for me. MagSafe charging started to blink on and off, and now won’t work at all, in any state of On, Sleep, Off, Open or Closed. I’m on latest Monterrey. And USB-C charging won’t even give me a complete charge with laptop off all night (and for some reason didn’t charge at all last night, though there is trickle charge now. So I have a crippled M1 Pro for my work. Anyone know anything to help please???

Verify your software is up to date, the current stable release of Monterey macOS 12.2.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Feb 17, 2022 7:36 AM in response to ScottJW1

ScottJW1 wrote:

Sorry, not sure I’m following that question. But the stock charger for the pro is plugged directly into the wall and MagSafe to the laptop.

That doesn’t work/charge in any state of the laptop. USB-C barely works to trickle charge. I turned off battery charge optimizing, too, based on someone else’s troubleshooting tip.

you can try M1 SoC - SMC reset equivalent is Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal and test

if no resolve—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support62

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support32

Macbook 16” M1 Pro won’t charge even with OS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.